Thursday, July 9, 2009

I’m planning to take 4 subjects. Can I manage it?

Boxing is a traditional Western combat sport.
Image via Wikipedia
Hi, thanks for this great site. This is my second semester and I have failed 2 subjects last semester (Accounting and Marketing) and my CGPA was < 3. Now I'm planning to take 4 subject (Accounting, Marketing, Ethics, and Economic). Is it okay or not, since I'm a full time student.
I need your advice about the subjects that I'm planning to take. Thanks in advance for your help.
The UM MBA says :
Truthfully, only you can answer this well. Can you cope with it? Everything in life is a struggle.
"Winning is an attitude.” 
- Sylvester Stallone in Driven
In addition, failing is never easy.
"Everyone falls down. It's just how fast you get up that counts."
- Sylvester Stallone in Driven
Therefore, did you know WHY you failed? Have you taken steps to remedy it?
In MBA, beside learning the academic materials, you also learn many other skills. For example, you’ll learn :
  1. Time Management (Discipline) - (I used www.rmilk.com on daily basis)
  2. People skills (Office politic) – especially when you’re working in groups. In the working world, you can’t go complain to your boss about your colleague now can you?
  3. Prioritization (Sacrifice)
  4. Ability to read ALOT and VERY FAST. (Check out www.spreeder.com)
  5. Analytical skills (Think)
  6. Ability to function well with very few hour of sleeps.
  7. Stamina - MBA is a marathon, not a 100m sprint. Prepare yourself accordingly
To assist you in your classes, I would recommend these site to you as supplemental materials.
  1. www.marketingprofs.com
  2. www.bnet.com
  3. www.ted.com
  4. http://1979journal.blogspot.com (This is my personal blog – Check the list on bottom right for all the free resources.)
  5. www.investopedia.com
“…I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.”
- The Matrix
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment